Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
Разное
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: The Indianapolis Colts defense

The Indianapolis Colts defense 1 нед. 5 дн. назад #4342

• zhangzk
  • zhangzk аватар
  • Вне сайта
A spate of injuries decimated their starting lineup just as they faced a daunting stretch of games. On Sunday Bobby Okereke Jersey , the Colts fought back.Indy forced five turnovers, had two sacks and allowed no touchdowns as it snapped a four-game losing streak with the franchise’s most lopsided win in five years: 37-5 over the Buffalo Bills.“The defense got us going with the turnovers,” coach Frank Reich said. “Mike Mitchell on the interception , (Kemoko) Turay had the sack-fumble. They got us going. I think we were good in every area.”It was a major turnaround for a defense that started the season with three promising games before allowing nearly 40 points per game over the next three. Part of the explanation for the dramatic changes is injuries.Indy (2-5) found itself playing musical chairs in the front seven for a few weeks. Losing safety Clayton Geathers with a neck injury against New England added another complication. Along the way, the Colts lost four straight.But against the Bills (2-5), who have a league-low 81 points through seven games, the Colts found their early season form.Mitchell, Kenny Moore II and Corey Moore intercepted 35-year-old Derek Anderson, who made his first start since December 2016. Mitchell also forced a fumble.Rookie linebacker Darius Leonard recorded a team-high 12 tackles and recovered a fumble. Margus Hunt batted down a ball at the line of scrimmage and the Colts (2-5) consistently kept the pressure on Buffalo (2-5).As a result, the Bills’ defense scored nearly as many points as the offense — thanks to a third-quarter safety that cut the deficit to 24-5.“They beat us in every phase,” coach Sean McDermott said. “There wasn’t one good moment other than some moving the ball.”Buffalo’s No. 3-ranked defense also struggled.Andrew Luck threw four touchdowns for the second straight game — three in the second quarter when the Colts turned a scoreless game into a 24-0 blowout.The only scoring by the Bills’ offense came courtesy of a 34-yard field goal midway through the third quarter.Otherwise, the defense kept the Colts in control.“It’s a sign of a good day,” Mitchell said. “We need to have a bunch more good days.”BALANCING ACTMarlon Mack missed four of the Colts’ first five games because of a hamstring injury. But over the last two games, he looks healthy.Mack followed up his 12-carry Khari Willis Jersey , 89-yard game against the New York Jets with a 19-carry, 126-yard game — the first 100-yard game of his two-year career. He also caught a 29-yard TD pass.“It feels great,” Mack said after playing only his third game ever with Luck. “When Andrew can just sit in the pocket and we can run the ball, it’s lovely.”TURNOVER TAG-TEAMMcDermott benched the turnover-prone Nathan Peterman after last week’s loss to Houston.Yet Anderson struggled just as much in the fourth quarter when the Bills were forced into desperation mode as they attempted to rally. He was 20 of 31 with 175 yards and the four turnovers, which the Colts converted into 24 points. Could there be another change coming?McDermott wouldn’t say after the game.“You have to be realistic and try to put players in a position to be successful,” he said. “He’s only been here two weeks. That’s part of it, but that’s not an excuse. We can’t use that as an excuse.”HILTON’S RETURNPro Bowl receiver T.Y. Hilton returned after a two-game absence because of a hamstring injury and helped Luck get in sync, too.While the numbers didn’t jump out — four catches, 25 yards — Hilton’s 5-yard TD catch late in the first half made it 21-0. His 1-yard catch, as Luck scrambled toward the sideline, gave the Colts a 31-5 lead early in the fourth to seal the win.RECORD WATCHAfter scoring five points Sunday, kicker Adam Vinatieri needs five more to break Morten Andersen’s NFL career scoring record. Andersen has held the mark since December 2006.But it wasn’t a sterling day for Vinatieri, who missed two extra points wide right — the first time he’s ever missed two extra points in a game during his 23-year career. METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Mark Ingram could see that the New Orleans Saints‘ offense was doing fine without him while he was at home in Florida Josh Allen Jersey , watching on television like any other fan during his four-game suspension.The veteran running back also would like to think New Orleans could be even better with him in the game plan, particularly in light of how fresh and motivated he feels after spending a month away from the club.“I’ve had a lot of stuff pent up and built up and I’m ready to go. I’m hungry and ready to play ball and just help our team,” said Ingram, whose suspension stemmed from his use of a banned substance. “They’ve been playing well, so I’m just trying to make us stronger and make us more explosive.”Ingram joins a unit that has averaged 418.3 yards and 34.3 points per game. Alvin Kamara, the 2017 offensive rookie of the year, has gotten more work in Ingram’s absence and has responded by devastating defenses with his dynamism on a variety of runs and receptions.Kamara leads the NFL with 611 yards from scrimmage (275 rushing, 336 passing) and is tied with several players for the NFL lead in TDs with six.“He’s been a monster, man, just being able to carry the load and what he’s doing is special,” Ingram said.Now the Saints will see if Ingram and Kamara — a tandem called “Boom and Zoom” by many fans — can again co-exist in the same backfield as well as they did last season.“I’m not worried about it,” Ingram said. “I’m going to just do me. I’m not Alvin. Alvin’s not me so I’m just going to do what I do, do what I’ve been doing to get to this point in my career.”Saints coach Sean Payton said he will have to “figure out the balance” of snaps between the two Pro Bowl running backs starting with Monday night’s game against the Washington Redskins.“Of course, you have a little bit more versatility with someone with Mark’s experience and I know it will be good for us offensively to have him back Jawaan Taylor Jersey ,” Payton said.Although the Saints have been among the NFL’s top offenses through the first four weeks, Payton said Ingram’s return is “significant in a number of ways,” ranging from his aptitude in pass protection to the way his presence allows the Saints to reduce the physical toll on Kamara.“We talked all offseason about how this first month was going to be without Mark,” Payton recalled. “The idea was for us to kind of keep those touches (for Kamara) in a similar area (to last season), the playing time in a similar area — and of course we weren’t able to do that. In other words, his numbers did increase, and yet there’s a wear and tear that takes place with that. When you’re looking at a 16-week season, we look at it as having two outstanding running backs and I think they complement each other extremely well.”Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Ingram’s return “changes a lot” because of how much harder it is for defenses to anticipate where the ball will go when both Ingram and Kamara are on the field together.“Those two guys being in the game together, it’s a tough deal,” Gruden said. “You know in-between-the-tackle runs will be more prevalent now. The power running game is back up and running. The things that they haven’t it done without Ingram, they might do this week.”Saints players often refer to Ingram as the consummate teammate — someone whose energy, unselfishness and work ethic are contagious.Ingram’s affection for his teammates was apparent last Sunday night when he drove out to the airport to meet the team after New Orleans’ victory over the New York Giants.“I was excited that they won, so I just wanted to experience that a little bit,” Ingram said.Left tackle Terron Armstead described the scene at the airport as “just joy Josh Oliver Jersey ,” adding, “Mark is a guy loved by the entire locker room and organization. It’s just his energy that he brings. His positivity he brings to the team.”“Mark is a huge addition,” Armstead added. “I feel like our offense works best when — not just the offense, our entire team works best when the run game is going. When we can impose our will on opposing defenses.”Ingram spent the past month in Florida, staying in shape with former NFL receiver Anquan Bolden — a long-time workout partner.“He’s retired, but he goes to work out every single day,” Ingram said. “It was good to have a buddy to be able to work with and not just be out there putting in the work by myself.”Saints players and Payton said Ingram looks ready.“I mean, he wasn’t gone for a year-and-a-half, or been a castaway on an island,” Payton said. “It was four weeks. He’s in good shape.”
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.068 секунд