Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
Разное
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Severino jumped to steal away a popup from catche

Severino jumped to steal away a popup from catche 1 нед. 6 дн. назад #4301

• zhangzk
  • zhangzk аватар
  • Вне сайта
In his latest peak performance Chuma Edoga Jersey , Luis Severino took matters into his own hands – and glove.
Gary Sanchez while pitching eight sharp innings, leading the New York Yankees over the Tampa Bay Rays 4-1 Saturday.

”He didn’t say, `I got it’ and I was there,” Severino quipped. ”So you know I went for the ball. . He said, `You took it from my glove.”’

Giancarlo Stanton and Sanchez hit back-to-back home runs as New York won for the 13th time in 16 games. It was the Rays’ 18th loss in 22 games at Yankee Stadium.

Severino (10-2) simply overwhelmed a weak-hitting Rays lineup that has produced just one run over its last 21 innings. The 24-year-old righty gave up three hits, struck out nine and walked two, tying Cleveland’s Corey Kluber for the AL win lead.

Severino showed off other talents, too.

In the fifth, Carlos Gomez led off with a popup high above the plate. As Sanchez looked into the sun trying to find the ball, Severino sprung off the mound. They were next to each other, slightly in foul ground, when Severino leaped to catch the ball, right above Sanchez’s mitt.

Took it right away from his best friend on the team, in fact.

”I tried to block it a little bit more with the glove. I found the ball, I was in a good spot and I had it right there,” Sanchez said. ”And I was surprised when I heard the steps. I think it was an instinct of his. He tried to assure his out.”

Sanchez gave Severino a look, perhaps wondering why the pitcher came into the picture, before they went back to work.

Said Aaron Judge: ”He’s an athlete out there. I think he is trying to win a Gold Glove.”

The play on Gomez came during a stretch of 11 straight batters Severino retired before Joey Wendle singled with two outs in the seventh. Severino then threw a 99 mph fastball past Gomez to strike him out.

Severino was perfect in the eighth Trevon Wesco Jersey , and Chasen Shreve relieved to begin the ninth.

Matt Duffy hit a leadoff homer against Shreve and homered for just the fourth time this year, cutting the lead 4-1, and Jake Bauers followed with a triple that bounced out of center fielder Aaron Hicks‘ glove.

Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman then set down the next three batters for his 20th save in 21 chances.

The Rays have lost 12 of their last 16 games and have one more game in the Bronx on Sunday before continuing their seven-game road trip Monday with three games at defending champion Houston.

”No matter what stage, rebuild or expected to win or whatever, losing always tends to be something that is not fun,” Duffy said. ”We have some adjustments to make.”

New York has won Severino’s last 12 starts going back to Sept. 3. During that span, he is 9-0 with an 1.75 ERA.

Aaron Boone has gotten accustomed to it since taking over as the Yankees manager.

”Obviously, any time he goes I feel great about it,” Boone said. ”He’s a great pitcher. He’s establishing himself as one of the best in the game and he gave us a lot today.”

New York didn’t fare too well against Ryne Stanek, who allowed a hit and struck out one over 1 1/3 scoreless inning on Tampa Bay’s designated ”bullpen day.”

Ryan Yarbrough (5-3) gave up a run in the second on rookie Gleyber Torres‘ two-out double. Didi Gregorius hit an RBI single in the third.

Stanton connected in the fifth for his 16th home run. Four pitches later, Sanchez hit his 13th homer over the center field fence – that snapped a homerless streak of 66 at-bats dating to May 19.

ROSTER MOVES

Prior to the game, the Yankees acquired 2B Wendell Rijo to complete the May 25 trade that sent C Erik Kratz to Milwaukee. The 22-year-old will report to Single-A Tampa. Rijo was hitting .200 with four homers and 14 RBI in 32 games for Double-A Biloxi in the Southern League.

MO-MENTUM

Yankees prospect Jonathan Loaisiga felt honored by the glowing remarks Rays manager Kevin Cash made after the 23-year-old debuted Friday night with a win, throwing five scoreless innings while striking out six while walking four.

Cash compared the Nicaraguan rookie to Mariano Rivera, baseball’s all-time saves leader, but joked he was hopeful that Loaisiga wouldn’t develop the same devastating cutter that the former Yankees closer owned.

”I think that comment is something very flattering because to mention Mariano, you’re talking about a superstar and someone who was historic,” said Loaisiga, adding that he had never met the future Hall of Famer from Panama. ”I think that it’s something that almost too good.”

UP NEXT

Yankees veteran lefty CC Sabathia (4-1 Shareef Miller Jersey , 3.27 ERA) will try to win his third straight start Sunday. For the second consecutive game, Tampa Bay ”start” a reliever, this time Wilmer Font (0-1, 6.87 ERA).

Lamar Jackson ran 27 times and threw only 19 passes to win his first NFL start.That’s not a typo.Filling in for injured quarterback Joe Flacco, Jackson ran for 117 yards in Baltimore’s 24-21 victory over Cincinnati on Sunday. The 2016 Heisman Trophy winner had more rushing attempts than any quarterback since 1970 and became the first to gain over 100 yards since Colin Kaepernick had 113 on Nov. 27, 2016.Calling his own number worked so Ravens coach John Harbaugh let Jackson tuck it and take off all day. But old-school football won’t cut it in a pass-crazy league where quarterbacks are posting ridiculous numbers every week. Even Harbaugh realizes Jackson can’t run the ball at that pace in the future.“Yeah, you don’t want your quarterback getting hit that much,” Harbaugh said Monday. “It’s not going to last that way. So, that’s pretty self-evident.”Plenty of running quarterbacks have been successful, though taking hits exposes them to more injuries. Michael Vick is the all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks but he missed a bunch of games during his career. Carson Wentz isn’t considered a “running QB” but he tore two knee ligaments on a scramble last season and missed the playoffs and Super Bowl.“Quarterbacks don’t run forever in the NFL,” Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said after Jackson juked and sprinted his way past his team. “Sooner or later, they get hurt, and they don’t run the same.”NOT INTERESTED: After losing quarterback Alex Smith for the rest of the season, the NFC East-leading Redskins signed Mark Sanchez to be Colt McCoy’s backup. They also worked out Kellen Clemens, Josh Johnson, T.J. Yates and EJ Manuel.Sanchez hasn’t started a game since 2015. He has thrown 86 touchdown passes and has 86 interceptions with a 73.9 career passer rating. Clemens (16 TDs, 21 INTs, 68.9) Zach Brown Jersey , Johnson (5 TDs, 10 INTs, 57.7), Yates (10 TDs, 11 INTs, 70.7) and Manuel (20 TDs, 16 INTs, 77.1) are much less impressive. But there’s an unsigned quarterback — Kaepernick — with 72 TDs, 30 INTs and 88.9 rating. He’s also 4-2 in the playoffs. Like the rest of the NFL, the Redskins weren’t interested.RUNNING IT UP: Saints coach Sean Payton defended his decision to go for a fourth-and-7 leading by 31 points early in the fourth quarter. Drew Brees threw a 37-yard TD pass to Alvin Kamara with 13:15 left in a 45-7 win over Philadelphia. Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, who began his career with the Saints and was beat on the play, wasn’t pleased. He raised both of his middle fingers at Payton. But Jenkins spoke to Payton after the game and told a reporter: “I’m a competitor. I love Sean to death. I know what type of guy and coach he is. That was more so personal between me and him.”UNAGGRESSIVE DOUG: Eagles coach Doug Pederson’s unconventional style was lauded during the team’s run to a Super Bowl victory last season, but he’s played it safe more often this year. On the opening possession in Philadelphia’s lopsided loss at New Orleans, the Eagles faced a fourth down and less than a yard at the Saints 24. Pederson elected to punt even though his offense needed to try and score and keep Brees and Co. off the field as long as possible.“That’s one I look at that maybe you do something different right,” Pederson said in hindsight.NO CHALLENGE: Broncos coach Vance Joseph decided not to challenge a 2-point conversion to save a timeout and it nearly cost him until Brandon McManus kicked a 34-yard field goal as time expired to beat the Chargers. Joseph chose not to toss the red flag after Case Keenum came up short on a 2-point draw following Phillip Lindsay’s touchdown run that put Denver ahead 20-19 with 12 minutes left. He said one of the officials told the quarterback his team should challenge the call because it was so close. But Joseph said his assistants in the booth didn’t see it clearly enough to risk losing a timeout.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.061 секунд